vHMML.org contains both open access and copyrighted material.
The textual content of HMML Folio, Lexicon, Reference, and School are available for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).
The manuscript metadata in HMML Reading Room is available for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
Metadata in Museum is available for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
Images in Museum are available for resuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).
The code that runs vHMML.org is available at no cost on Github for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).
The institutions allowing images of their manuscripts and printed books to be accessible on HMML Reading Room retain certain rights associated with the images. By using this website, you agree not to copy or redistribute images from HMML's partner libraries without prior authorization from HMML. Misuse of images may lead to suspension of your account.
The following institutions have given permission for images of their manuscripts or printed works to be used on HMML's Digital Tools but retain all rights related to those images:
- Libraries photographed in partnership with HMML
- Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- Bodleian Library, Oxford
- The British Library Board, London
- Ville de Laon, Bibliothèque Municipale
The following institutions have allowed use of images of their manuscripts or printed items under Creative Commons Licenses. Details of licensing and images should be obtained from the institutions:
- Hill Museum & Manuscript
Library, Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0)
Note this license applies only to images of manuscripts or printed books that are owned by HMML, not to those photographed by HMML in other libraries.
- Libraries of Switzerland in e-codices
- Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Vienna (via the Bibliotheca Laureshamensis — digital: Virtual Monastic Library of Lorsch)
- Walters Art Museum, Baltimore, Maryland
- Digital Repository of Endangered and Affected Manuscripts in Southeast Asia (DREAMSEA) in HMML Reading Room and in the DREAMSEA Repository hosted by HMML Cloud
- Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin--Preussischer Kulturbesitz
- Leiden University Libraries
- Biblioteca dell'Accademia nazionale dei Lincei e corsiniana
- The University of Texas Libraries
- Bayerische Staatsbibliothek
User accounts that have been inactive for one year or more will be disabled to maintain security.
We also reserve the right to email you about vHMML.org applications and services. You can stop receiving these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions.
For questions or if you want clarification on these terms, please feel free to contact us.